Intel today revealed details about its Optane memory H10 with solid-state storage. This is a big step for the company since it combines the responsiveness of Intel Optane technology with the storage capacity of Intel Quad Level Cell (QLC) 3D NAND technology in a single space-saver M.2 form factor.
This, in turn, enables Intel Optane memory expansion into thin and light notebooks and certain space-constrained desktop form factors – such as all-in-one PCs and mini PCs. Additionally, it also offers a higher level of performance and eliminates the need for a secondary storage device.
When compared to a standalone TLC 3D NAND SSD system, Intel Optane memory H10 with solid-state storage enables both faster access to frequently used applications and files and better responsiveness with background activity.
Notably, the 8th Generation Intel Core U-series mobile platforms featuring Intel Optane memory H10 with solid-state storage will be arriving through major OEMs starting this quarter.
The Intel Optane memory H10 with solid-state storage will come in 16GB (Intel Optane memory) + 256GB (storage); 32GB (Intel Optane memory) + 512GB (storage); and 32GB (Intel Optane memory) + 1TB storage. In addition to the first systems being made available through OEMs (including Dell, HP, ASUS, Acer and others), it will also be available on-shelf at Best Buy and Costco.
Intel Optane memory H10 with solid-state storage (32GB + 1TB, M.2 80mm PCIe 3.0, 3D XPoint, QLC)
- Interface – PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4
- Form Factor – M.2 22 x 80mm
- Sequential Read (up to) 2400 MB/s; Write (up to) 1800 MB/s
- Random Read (8GB Span) (up to) 330000 IOPS; Write (8GB Span) (up to) 250000 IOPS
- Latency – Read 7 µs; Write 18 µs
- Power – Active 5.8W; Idle L1.2 : <13mW
- Vibration – Operating 2.17 GRMS (5-700 Hz) Max; Non-Operating 3.13 GRMS (5-800 Hz) Max
- Shock (Operating and Non-Operating) – 1000 G / 0.5 ms and 1500 G / 0.5 ms
- Endurance Rating (Lifetime Writes) – 300 TBW
- Uncorrectable Bit Error Rate (UBER) < 1 sector per 10^15 bits read
- Operating Temperature Range 0°C to 70°C
- Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) 1.6 Million Hours
- Weight – Less than 10 grams
- Warranty Period – 5 years
Rob Crooke, Intel senior vice president and general manager of the Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group:
Intel Optane memory H10 with solid-state storage features the unique combination of Intel Optane technology and Intel QLC 3D NAND – exemplifying our disruptive approach to memory and storage that unleashes the full power of Intel-connected platforms in a way no else can provide.