After Fire TV Stick, Amazon has introduced Fire TV Cube, a bigger Fire TV streaming device that plugs into an HDTV that lets you watch movies, TV shows, use apps and play games. It is powered by a quad-core processor, has 802.11ac dual-band WiFi as well as Ethernet port. It also comes bundled with a voice remote that lets you search Amazon Video content using just your voice.
In addition to 4K Ultra HD support with HDR 10 and Dolby Audio, it also comes with eight microphones to hear you even from across the room. It supports wide range of devices through the cloud, infrared (IR), and HDMI-CEC, with more being added all the time.
“Advanced beamforming technology combines the signals from the individual microphones to suppress noise, reverberation, content currently playing, and even competing speech to make sure Alexa clearly hears your request, even next to your TV,” says Amazon. It also has double the RAM and storage, comes with built-in Ethernet support and controls on the top.
Amazon Fire TV Cube specifications
- 1.5 GHz Quad-core processor with Mali450 MP3 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage
- Dimensions: 86.1 x 86.1 x 76.9mm ; Weight: 465g
- Dual-band 802.11ac WiFi 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth
- Built-in speaker for voice feedback—even when the TV is off
- Dolby Atmos, 7.1 surround sound, 2ch stereo, and HDMI audio pass through up to 5.1
- Ports: Dolby Atmos, 7.1 surround sound, 2ch stereo, and HDMI audio pass through up to 5.1
- Content Formats Supported HDR-10. H.265, H.264, Audio: AAC-LC, AC3, eAC3 (Dolby Digital Plus), FLAC, MP3, PCM/Wave, Vorbis, Dolby Atmos (EC3_JOC), Photo: JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP
- Output resolution:
- Compatible with high-definition TVs with HDMI capable of output resolution of 2160p, 1080p, and 720p up to 60 fps
The Amazon Fire TV Cube includes IR extender cable and Ethernet adapter , is available for pre-order starting today at $119.99 (Rs. 8,065 approx.) and ships beginning on June 21. As an introductory offer, Prime members can pre-order Fire TV Cube on June 7 and 8 for a special price of $89.99 (Rs. 6,050 approx.) . No details about the India launch yet.