Shar introduced AQUOS S3 smartphone back in March. Today the company has introduced High Edition version of the smartphone in Taiwan. It is powered by Snapdragon 660 with 6GB of RAM, 128GB storage and also adds wireless charging.
Other specifications as same as the original AQUOS S3, including a 6-inch FHD+ display with a notch, 91% screen-to-body ratio, Android 8.0 (Oreo) with Smile UX, 12-megapixel primary rear camera with f/1.75 aperture, 1.4um pixel size, dual-tone LED flash, 13-megapixel secondary camera for portrait shots and 2x loss-less zoom. It comes with a 16-megapixel front camera with support for face unlock that scans 1024 facial points to unlock the phone in 0.1 seconds. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the curved glass back and packs a 3200mAh battery with support for Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 and 7.5W Qi Wireless Charging.
SHARP AQUOS S3 High Edition specifications
- 6-inch (2160×1080 pixels) Full HD+ display with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass protection, 135% RGB ultra-wide color gamut,1500:1 contrast ratio, 550 nits brightness
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- Smile UX based on Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- 12MP rear camera with wide-angle lens, f/1.75 aperture, 1.4um pixel size, dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, secondary 13MP camera with telephoto lens
- 16MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 148.2 x 74.2 x 7.98 mm; Weight: 167.4g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3200mAh (typical) / 3100mAh (minimum) battery with Quick Charge 3.0, Qi wireless charging
The SHARP AQUOS S3 High Edition comes in Black color, is priced at NT$ 13,990 (US$ 570 / Rs. 31,571 approx.) and will go on sale from June 11th in Taiwan.