Motorola’s Z series is due for an update and the company’s Z3 Play smartphone has hit the headlines a lot recently but most of it was restricted to concept images that are based on known dimensions, features and design traits. However, today we are having our first official clean look at the Moto Z3 Play.
The image does showcase the phone in its full glory including the front and rear of the phone in detail. Interestingly the fingerprint sensor which we are used to seeing on front embedded into the home button is now being moved to the side and the front now packs a tall 18:9 bezel-less design. The phone is expected to pack a 6.1-inches FHD+ display in-line with the recently launched flagships.
The rear of the phone packs a glass design and like always packs a camera protrusion where the dual-rear cameras rest and Moto dimple. Since Z-series is famously known for its modularity, the Z3 Play also comes with 16-pin connector down below the camera module. While the latest leak doesn’t reveal any specifications, previous rumors suggested a 12-megapixel and 8-megapixel cameras.
Another design change over the Z2 Play is that the Z3 Play might not have a 3.5mm audio jack. The Moto Z3 Play was recently spotted passing through the FCC and according to the FCC listings, the device is expected to be powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 SoC, 4GB RAM, 64GB storage and a 3000mAh battery on board.
Moto Z3 Play rumored specifications
- 6.1-inch (1080 x 2160 pixels) Full HD+ display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 509 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM with 32GB / 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Single / Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, secondary 8MP rear camera
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Water repellent nano-coating
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.23 x 76.7mm
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3,000mAh battery with Turbocharging
At the moment, it is unclear when the company is aiming to officially announce the Moto Z3 Play, but we should know more details as we move forward.