LG is all set to introduce the G7 ThinQ smartphone on May 2nd. Now a new press shot has surfaced online that shows the phone from all the angles, thanks to @evleaks. It shows a notched display, metal unibody design, 3.5mm audio jack on the bottom, SIM slot on the top, antenna lines on the top and the bottom and a dedicated Google Assistant button below the volume rockers on the left. The fingerprint sensor is present on the back.
A recent report said that this will be the first phone to have a physical button to launch Google Assistant, same as Samsung’s Bixby button on the Galaxy flagships, but it will not be possible to be reprogrammed to launch another app, just like the Bixby button.
LG G7 ThinQ rumored specifications
- 6.1-inch (1440 x 3120 pixels) FullVision MLCD+ 19.5:9 display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB storage / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with LG UX
- 16MP dual rear cameras with f/1.5-aperture, LED flash, Laser Auto focus
- 8MP front camera with wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor, dedicated Google Assistant button
- Water, dust resistant (IP68), MIL-STD 810G certified
- 3.5mm audio jack, 32-bit Advanced Hi-Fi Quad DAC, Stereo Speakers
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3000mAh battery with Fast charging, Wireless charging
We should know all the details when the phone goes official next month.