Cat phones, popular for its rugged phones, today announced it’s flagship Cat S61, successor of Cat S60, ahead of MWC 2018. It has an enhanced FLIR thermal imaging capability with enhanced software for greater image contrast, expanded temperature range to 400 degrees Celsius, and an upgrade from VGA to High-Definition detail from the visible camera providing unmatched image optimization using FLIR’s MSX technology.
It also has an laser assisted distance measurement which can measure point-to-point distances up to 10m, then calculate area, and switch between Metric and Imperial measurement. The indoor air quality sensor from Sensirion can alert users to high levels of indoor air pollutants (Volatile Organic Compounds or VOCs), allowing them to make timely decisions such as opening a window to improve ventilation or taking a break. It can also provide humidity and current temperature readings.
It is IP68 dustproof and waterproof up to 3m for 1 hour and is certified with MIL Spec 810G and has been passed to survive repeated drop-tests onto concrete from 1.8m.
CAT S61 specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD Super Bright outdoor display with auto wet finger and glove support, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2.2 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 630 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 508 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 64GB storge, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo), upgradable to Android P
- Single / Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with dual LED flash, PDAF
- 8MP front-facing camera
- FLIR Lepton thermal camera with temperature range -20°C to 400°C
- Laser assisted area and distance measurement, up to 10m
- VOC indoor air quality meter and humidity sensor
- MIL Spec 810G Water and dust resistant (IP68), tested in water up to 3m deep for 1 hour
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 148.35 x 73.4 x 7.99 mm; Weight: 163g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh buil-in battery with Quick Charge 4.0
The CAT S61 will cost MSRP of €899 (US$ 1105 / Rs. 71,820 approx.) / £799 (US$ 1110 / Rs. 72,155 approx.) when it goes on sale in Q2 2018. It will be showcased at the MWC 2018 next week.