OPPO has announced A79, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in the ‘A series’ in China. It has a 6-inch full HD+ 18:9 full-screen AMOLED display with 86% screen-to-body ratio and comes with a 16-megapixel front camera. Other specifications are similar to the OPPO F5, including a MediaTek Helio P23 SoC, 16-megapixel rear camera and face unlock feature.
It has a slightly smaller 3000mAh battery compared to the 3200mAh battery on the F5, but this comes with support for VOOC flash charge fast charging technology that promises up to 2 hours of talk time with just 5 minutes of charging.
OPPO A79 specifications
- 6-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) 18:9 FHD+ full-screen AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2.5GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P23 16nm processor with 800MHz ARM Mali G71 MP2 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.1 (Nougat) with ColorOS 3.2
- Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions:157.3 x 76 x 7.2mm; Weight: 140g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3000mAh built-in battery with VOOC flash charge
The OPPO A79 comes in Champagne Gold, Black and Blue colors and is priced at 2399 yuan (US$ 364 / Rs. 23,500 approx.). It is now available for order in China and ships from December 1st.