Gionee has introduced Steel 2, its latest budget smartphone in the Steel series in China. It ha a 5-inch HD screen, is powered by a quad-core MediaTek MT6737 and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Amigo 3.5 UI. It packs a huge 4000mAh battery that promises up to 45.45h of talk time, up to 7.94 hours of continuous video playback and up to 527.04h of standby.
It also has a fingerprint sensor on the front and comes with dedicated dual SIM slots.
Gionee Steel 2 specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD display
- 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6737 64-bit processor with Mali-T720 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 16GB /32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Amigo 3.5 UI
- Dual SIM
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 144.3×70.5×8.6mm; Weight: 160g
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 4000mAh battery
The Gionee Steel 2 comes in Gold and Black colors and starts 1299 yuan (US$ 188 / Rs. 12,810 approx.). It is now available for order in China.