Roland to acquire a majority stake in V-Moda


V-Moda might be a familiar name to audiophiles among the readers. The company has been in the limelight in the recent past for coming up with high quality headphones that have managed to impress both critics and consumers alike.

Almost all its headphones have a high rating in the audio community and I personally own a pair of Crossfade M-100s as well which is serving me well. Roland, which is also a reputed brand that has been making musical instruments since the 70s is now apparently buying V-Moda.

If you are worrying that the purchase would essentially bring changes to the product lineup and thus affect the core quality of the V-Moda devices then you can relax. The takeover is more about acquiring V-Moda in order to further expand its reach and being able to nurture it into producing more such products.

Roland will have a 70% stake in the company while the remaining 30% will remain with Val Kolton, founder of V-Moda. This would allow V-Moda to be more innovative thanks to more resources in financial as well as engineering terms. There won’t be any Roland branding being added to the product packaging either so essentially its only good news for the customer.

The first product from V-Moda and Roland is expected to be the V-Moda Remix which will be a Bluetooth speaker. Pricing will be around US$ 299 since it will be marketed as a high end luxury speaker.

Author: Sandeep Sarma

Sandeep Sarma is a blogger and a freelance photographer. Apart from gadgets and phones, he also has a passion for movies and cars. He currently uses the S7 Edge as his main phone. Catch him on twitter at @sandeep9sarma