Gionee already confirmed that it will introduce its flagship S8 smartphone with pressure-sensitive display at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona on February 22nd. After appearing on Geekbench recently, the smartphone has appeared on GFXBench (Via), revealing several specifications of the flagship that includes a 4.6-inch (5-inch likely) 1080p display, Helio P10 Octa-Core SoC, 4GB of RAM, Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Amigo UI, 16-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, 4K video recording and more.
Gionee Elife S8 rumored specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD pressure-sensitive display
- 1.8 GHz Octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 processor with Mali T860 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Amigo UI
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, 4K video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera
- 4G LTE, dual-band WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
The Gionee Elife S8 will be unveiled at an event in Barcelona on February 22nd, Monday at 2PM (6:30 PM IST). Gionee will conduct a pre-MWC 2016 briefing for analyst and media in London and Beijing on February 16th.