BlackBerry A10 rumored specifications surface
Details of the BlackBerry A10, the company’s upcoming flagship BlackBerry 10 smartphone surfaced last month. Recently the phone was caught in a video that reveled the it might feature a 5-inch display. Now rumored specifications on CrackBerry forums has surfaced. This reveals that the phone would feature a 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD Super AMOLED display, powered by a 1.7 GHz dual-core Snapdragon MSM8960 Pro processor and run on BlackBerry OS 10.2. The camera and the connectivity features would be similar. The device would come with a 2800 mAh battery, larger than the Z10.
BlackBerry A10 rumored specifications
- 5.0-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) Super AMOLED display at 295 PPI
- BlackBerry OS 10.2
- 1.7 GHz dual-core Snapdragon MSM8960 Pro processor
- Dimensions 140.7 x 72 x 9.4mm (9.7 Verizon)
- 8MP auto focus camera with LED Flash, 1080p video recording
- 2MP front-facing camera with 720p HD video recording
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, up to 64GB hot-swappable microSD card slot
- Ambient Light, Proximity, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Magnetometer, Altimeter
- 4G LTE / 3G HDPA+, Dual band WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, DLNA, Bluetooth, GPS / aGPS, micro HDMI, NFC
- 2800 mAh battery
The icons on the render above shows 4×4 arrangement, but the leaked video showed 4×5 icons. This render might be old since it is dated 23 May. Previous rumors revealed a non-removable battery, but the alleged battery covers for the phone has been spotted on a Vietnamese website.
The website has also compared the battery cover with the BlackBerry Z10 that shows that the A10 would have a larger body. The phone is rumored to be announced sometime in Q4 2013.