LG has officially launched the Optimus G (E975) in India. The Optimus G went on sale in India last week. It comes with a 4.7-inch (1280 x 768 pixels) True HD IPS + Display with 15:9 aspect ratio, 550 nits brightness and Gorilla Glass 2 protection, powered by a 1.5 GHz quad-core processor Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 APQ8064 processor with Adreno 320 GPU and runs on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) with LG Optimus 3.0 UI on top. It has a 13MP camera with LED flash, Full HD video recording and a 1.3 MP front-facing camera.
It offers enhanced UX including upgraded QSlide that lets you open 2 apps in a single screen and now supports video, browser, memo, calendar and calculator. Other features include Dual Screen Dual Play that would enable mirroring between the smartphone and a TV and display different content on each screen (Smartphone and TV), Q Memo to jot notes, Live Zooming while watching a video, Smart Shutter and lots more.
LG Optimus G Specifications
- 4.7-inch (1280 x 768 pixels) True HD IPS + Display with 15:9 aspect ratio, 550 nits brightness
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) OS
- 1.5GHz quad-core processor Qualcomm APQ 8064 processor with Adreno 320 GPU
- Dimensions – 131.9 x 68.9 x 8.45mm, Weight – 145g
- 13MP camera with an LED flash, 1080p Full HD video recording at 30 fps
- 1.3MP front-facing camera
- 2GB DDR2 RAM, 32 GB internal memory
- 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS / aGPS, NFC
- 2,100 mAh battery
The LG Optimus G is priced at Rs. 34,500 (MRP) and is available in various stores across India. Check out our Optimus G review if you are planning to get one.