Apple releases iOS 4.3 beta to developers, brings Personal hotspot and Multitouch gestures to iOS devices
We’ve come to know from MacStories that, Yesterday Apple released latest software update ie.. iOS 4.3 beta to developers. It’s available now in the iOS Dev Center. The beta is available for iOS devices and the second generation Apple TV. Build number is 8F5148b.
Supported iOS devices are
- iPad, iPhone 4 and 3GS
- iPod touch 3rd and 4th gen.
- A pre-release version of the Apple TV software has been provided to test AirPlay functionalities with 4.3 apps.
Multi-touch gestures for iPad
Some of the noticable gesture’s from the video are
- Finger gestures
- Pinch to the home screen
- Swipe up to bring multitasking tray
- Swipe left/right to switch apps
Some of the other new features in beta release of iOS 4.3 include :
- AirPlay streaming for video in 3rd party apps
- Personal Hotspot as previously reported
- iAd fullscreen banners
Also, some of the important updates reveals that with iOS 4.3 Apple has planned to drop iPhone 3G Support and iPod Touch 2nd gen too. Also, they have included Hardware Rotation Lock Back in iOS 4.3 for iPad. With iOS 4.3 the firm has even decided to introduce some stunning New Camera Effects, A new facetime icon, Multitouch on/off option, Personal Hotspot in the redesigned settings panel,set SMS alert tone up to 10 times, New font option “Noteworthy” for iPad.