DJI, popular for its Drones and Camera Stabilizers at the CES 2018 introduced its new Osmo Mobile 2 (OM170) handheld camera stabilizer for smartphones. This has the same light-weight design that supports portrait orientation, three-axis gimbal technology, but this comes with simpler controls with zoom slider and three times longer battery life than the predecessor for more filming.
Highlights of DJI Osmo Mobile 2
- Three-axis gimbal technology cancels out movement in three directions so your video stays steady even if your hands shake or wobble
- Built in SmoothTrack technology detects and compensates for your movement of the camera to ensure a smooth cinematic shot
- Made from high-strength modified nylon that cuts the weight to just 485g
- Features a folding design for increased portability
- Two-way mobile clamp lets you easily pivot between landscape and portrait orientation
- Modified design now supports more compact folding for increased portability.
- Simpler controls with integrated settings for ISO, shutter speed and more and a new zoom slider lets you completely operate your smartphone camera from the handle
- Smart software in the DJI GO mobile app with modes including ActiveTrack to automatically follow of subjects in motion, Motion Timelapse with up to five different camera positions, Hyperlapse to create dramatic time-lapse videos with the camera in motion, or stream live to popular social platforms like Facebook and YouTube.
- 2600mAh battery with up to 15 hours of battery life
The DJI Osmo Mobile 2 is priced at US$129 (Rs. 8170 approx.) and will be available exclusively for pre-order at Apple.com on January 23, 2018. It will be available from dji.com, DJI Flagship Stores, and DJI Authorized Retailers starting in early February with additional availability later in February at Apple Stores in select regions worldwide.
It has also introduced Ronin-S is DJI’s first single-handed stabilizer for DSLR and mirrorless camera systems that will be available in the second quarter of 2018.