Sharp last week introduced AQUOS R compact, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone for the 2017 winter lineup. It has a 4.9-inch (1080 x 2032 pixels) Full HD+ display with a 120hz refresh rate. It uses FFD (Free Form Display) technology to make small holes precisely in the screen for front camera and receiver. The fingerprint sensor that is present below the screen on a bezel.
It comes with a 16.4-megapixel primary rear camera with hybrid auto focus which combines phase detection AF and contrast AF for ultra fast focus. It has a rounded design and a width of just 66 mm for a comfortable one-handed usage.
Sharp AQUOS R compact specifications
- 4.9-inch (1080 x 2032 pixels) Full HD+ IGZO LCD display
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR4x RAM, 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- 16.4MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, CAF
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dust and water resistant (IP6X and IPX5/ IPX8)
- Dimensions: 132 x 66 × 9.6mm; Weight: 140g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 2500mAh battery
The Sharp AQUOS R compact comes in White, Black, Yellow and Purple colors and will be available through local operator Softbank in Japan in December. Pricing will be revealed closer to the launch."Sharp AQUOS R compact with 4.9-inch FHD+ display, Snapdragon 660, Android 8.0 announced",