Picsart has announced the debut of AI Avatar, its newest generative AI capability, in its app. The trend of creating personalized avatars using artificial intelligence continues to develop, and Picsart is now delivering the technology to its millions of creators, along with a range of unique, best-in-class editing tools and a community directly on the platform. Recently, Meta introduced new editing tools for Facebook and Instagram Reels.
AI Avatar: Generate incredible Avatars from your selfies
Using extensive machine learning techniques, AI Avatar transforms user photographs into one-of-a-kind creative portraits. Simply upload many selfies into the app, and the technology will generate a range of avatars that resemble you in various artistic styles, such as holiday cheer, superheroes, anime, main character energy, and more.
- To use AI Avatar, all you have to do is upload 10 to 30 selfies to Picsart. Then, AI algorithms will create a group of personalized avatars with different looks.
- Creators can use AI Avatar to access Picsart’s more advanced editing tools, like BG Remove, AI Enhance, and AI Background.
- Avatars are used for social networking profiles, marketing materials, holiday greetings, and more.
How to use AI Avatar in Picsart
- Start a new project by tapping the plus sign (+) at the bottom of your screen in the iOS version of the Picsart app.
- Choose “AI Avatar” and then “Try it out” from the section of AI Tools at the bottom of the page.
- After following the instructions to upload 10 to 30 close-up or selfie photos of yourself, click “Continue.”
- Choose how many avatars you want and proceed to the payment page to make the purchase.
- Wait for the completion of your avatars (it might take several minutes).
- From your collection, choose your favourite avatars, then either download them to your device or continue tweaking them by choosing “Edit Image.”
AI Avatar is now available on Picsart for iOS and Android, and users can buy it in packs of 50, 100, or 200.
Commenting on the launch, Picsart Chief Product Officer, Mikayel Vardanayan, said:
The ability for AI to create completely new portraits of a person in minutes was unheard of a year ago. Generative AI empowers everyone to make amazing things, and we’re excited to bring this new feature to creators everywhere along with all of our other powerful editing tools. AI Avatar is a fun, trending and transformative technology and we have much more of that to come.