Acer has announced a bunch of products including the Predator Helios gaming notebooks, Swift 5 Notebook, Chromebooks, Predator Orion Gaming Desktops, and Nitro 50 Desktops at its New York event. Except for the Chromebooks, all these products are powered by the Windows 10.
The Acer Swift 5 sports a 15.6-inches Full HD display with narrow bezels; 87.6% screen-to-body ratio, maximizing the viewing experience. It is powered by the latest Intel Core processors and packs up to 1TB of SSD storage and up to 16 GB of DDR4 memory. Connectivity ports include 1XUSB 3.1 Type-C Gen 2 port, two USB 3.1 Type-A ports, an HDMI port, and an SD card reader. It runs on Windows 10 with Cortana digital assistant. It also supports Windows Hello through a fingerprint reader for fast and secure login.
It features Acer Color Intelligence technology, which dynamically adjusts gamma and saturation in real-time, optimizing screen color and brightness without clipping or oversaturation. It weighs less than 1kgs. Next on the list is the Predator Helios 500 Notebook; it sports a 17.3-inches with either Full HD or 4K resolution and has 144Hz refresh rates for blur and tear-free gameplay. It is powered by the 8th Gen Intel Core i9+ processors, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPUs. It features Intel Optane memory which increases responsiveness and load times. It has support up to 64GB and ultra-fast NVMePCIe SSDs.
The Acer Predator Helios 300 sports a 15.6-inch FHD IPS display with an upgraded 144Hz refresh rate. It is powered by up to an 8th Gen Intel Core i7+ processor, overclockable NVIDIA GTX 1060 GPUs, up to a 32GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB PCIe Gen 3 NVMe solid state drive, and up to a 2 TB hard disk drive. It also has Gigabit Ethernet that can provide fast wired connections, Intel Wireless-AC 9560 that delivers up to 1.73Gbps throughput.
Acer has also announced the Chromebook Spin 13 and Chromebook 13, and just as the name suggests, the laptops sport a 13-inch 3:2 display with all-aluminum designs and are convertible with 360-degree hinges. they come with Wacom stylus. Another set of Chromebooks include; Chromebook Spin 15 and Chromebook 15 which are the first in the industry convertible Chromebook with a 15.6-inch display.
Lastly, the company has introduced the Predator Orion 5000 and Predator Orion 3000 gaming desktops. The Orion 500 is powered by the 8th Gen Intel Core i7+ 8700K processors paired with the latest Intel Z370 chipset, up to 32 GB of Intel Optane memory, and up to 2-way NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GPUs in SLI. On the other hand, the Orion 500 is powered by 8th Gen Intel Core i7+ processors, and up to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPUs, it is VR- ready and supports 4K gameplay. It supports up to 32 GB of Intel Optane memory, and up to 64 GB DDR4-2666 RAM.
Pricing and availability:
- The Predator Helios 500 gaming notebooks will be available in North America in June starting at $1,999 (Rs. 1,36,641 approx.). It is also scheduled to be available in markets like EMEA and China.
- TheAcer Chromebook Spin 15(CP315-1H) will be available in North America in July starting at $449; and in EMEA in June starting at €449.
- The AcerChromebook 15 (CB315-1H/1HT) will be available in North America in Julystarting at $349; and in EMEA in June starting at €399
- The Predator Orion 5000 gaming desktops will be available in North America in July starting at $1,499 (Rs. 1,02,464 approx.)
- The Predator Orion 3000 gaming desktops will be available in North America in October starting at $999 (Rs. 68,286 approx.)
- The Acer Nitro 50 gaming desktops will be available in North America in July starting at $799 (Rs. 54,615 approx)