Nixon has announced Mission, its first rugged Android Wear smartwatch which is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100 system-on-chip (SoC). The watch is water resistant up to 100 meters or 10 ATM.
The Mission smartwatch is designed by keeping adventure sports like surfing, snowboarding, and skiing in mind. It comes equipped with a suite of software powered by Surfline and Snocountry, which allows it to receive real-time condition information for the aforementioned activities. Along with being waterproof, the watch is also shock resistant and features a Corning Gorilla Glass display. It comes preloaded with the Nixon exclusive Mission and Trace apps.
Nixon Mission specifications
- 1.39 inch (400 x 400) AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass
- 48mm polycarbonate case
- 316L surgical grade stainless steel raised bezel
- Android Wear
- Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100 system-on-chip (SoC)
- 512MB RAM, 4GB internal storage
- Water resistant upto 10ATM/ 100M
- Shock resistant
- Compatible with Android smartphones running Android 4.3 or higher and iPhones running iOS 8.2 or higher.
The Misson comes with over 20 band options and more than 15 bezel choices like Cerakote, stainless steel, gunmetal, gold and more. Nixon will offer customization options for the watch through Nixon.com. It will be available in October and is expected to be priced at around $400.