HUAWEI today introduced FreeBuds 4 , the company’s latest true wireless earbuds with Bluetooth 5.2 chipset that reduces latency to 90ms. It has a Semi-open design compared to in-ear design in the FreeBuds Pro and FreeBuds 4i, but it still has adaptive noise reduction technology that moderately reduces external low-frequency noise, making your hearing more comfortable during noise reduction. It can achieve up to 25dB of hybrid active noise reduction.
It has Kirin A1 chip, 3-microphones for call noise reduction, touch controls and built-in 14.3mm dynamic drivers with an independent bass enhancement engine and AI sound effects. There are touch controls, and the headset weighs just 4.1 gram. It can connect to two devices at the same time and can achieve high-definition vocal recording at a sampling rate of 48kHz. It promises up to 4 hours of standalone playback and 22 hours of total playback. 15 minutes of charging offers 2.5 hours of listening. It also supports wireless charging.
HUAWEI FreeBuds 4 specifications
- Bluetooth 5.2, Kirin A1 chip
- 14.3mm dynamic drivers, Simultaneous Bluetooth connection with dual devices
- Hybrid Active Noise Cancellation Technology with 2 mics, up to 25B noise reduction
- 90ms low latency for gaming
- Touch controls, wear detection
- Dimensions: 41.4 x 16.8 x 18.5 mm (per earbud); 58 x 21.2mm (charging case); Weight: 4.1 g (per earbud), 38g (charging case)
- Splash resistant (IPX4)
- 30mAh battery (per bud) offers 2.5h (with ANC) / 4h (without ANC), 410mAh charging case offers 14h (with ANC) / 20h (without ANC) playback, 15 min charging for 2.5h playback, USB Type-C, Qi wireless charging for charging case
The HUAWEI FreeBuds 4 comes in white, silver and red colours, is priced at 999 yuan (US$ 155 / Rs. 11,345 approx.) and will be available from June 1st in China with pre-orders starting today.