Samsung has announced W20, the company’s latest smartphone with similar design and almost specifications as the Galaxy Fold, but this is powered by faster Snapdragon 855 Plus SoC. The middle frame is tougher, has a White colored back cover, and this packs a slightly smaller 4,235mAh battery.
It has a 7.3-inch QXGA+ Dynamic AMOLED 4.2:3 aspect ratio Infinity Flex Display, which folds into a compact device with a 4.6-inch HD+ Super AMOLED 21:9 aspect ratio cover display. It has 12GB of RAM, dual front cameras, 10-megapixel camera for the front cover display, and a fingerprint on the side.
Samsung W20 specifications
- 7.3-inch (2152×1536 pixels) QXGA+ Dynamic AMOLED 4.2:3 aspect ratio main display
- 4.6-inch (720×1680 pixels) HD+ Super AMOLED 21:9 aspect ratio cover display
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus (1 x Kryo 485 at 2.96GHz + 3 x Kryo 485 at 2.42GHz + 4 x Kryo 385 at 1.8GHz) 7nm Mobile Platform with 675MHz Adreno 640 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR4x RAM, 512GB storage (UFS 3.0)
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, OIS, 12MP Telephoto lens with 45° FoV, f/2.4 aperture, 16MP 123° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture with 0.5X/2X optical zoom, up to 10X digital zoom
- 10MP Dual Pixel front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/1.9 aperture, secondary 8MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 90° FoV
- 10MP cover camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Side-mounted Fingerprint Sensor
- Dimensions: 160.9×117.9×6.9/15.7-17.1mm;Weight: 276g
- 5G Sub6 / mmWave (28G, 39G), 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 4×4 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 4,235mAh (typical) 4135mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA)
The Samsung W20 will be available in China in December, and the pricing will be announced close to the sale date.