Huawei introduced the Mate 9 its flagship smartphone at an event in Germany earlier this month. Now it has introduced Mate 9 Pro in China, which is a version of the Porsche Design Huawei Mate 9 without the graphite finish, but it still has the second generation Leica dual-lens camera with 12-megapixel RGB sensor, 20-megapixel monochrome sensor and Hybrid Zoom, featuring 2x magnification, dual-tone LED flash, laser auto focus, optical image stabilization (OIS) and uses Huawei’s own ISP.
It has a 5.5-inch Quad HD AMOLED display, is powered by an Octa-Core HiSilicon Kirin 960 SoC with IntelliSense i6 sensor hub, runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat) with Emotion UI 5.0 on top, an 8-megapixel front-facing camera and a fingerprint sensor on the front.
It has 4000mAh battery with SuperCharge (3.5-5V – 5A / 9V-2A) technology that promises full day of charge in 20 minutes.
Huawei Mate 9 Pro
- 5.5-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Huawei Kirin 960 processor with Mali G71 Octa-core GPU
- 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, 6GB RAM with 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with Emotion UI 5.0
- Hybird Dual SIM (nano SIM + nano SIM / microSD)
- 20MP (Monochrome) + 12MP (RGB) Dual rear cameras with Leica lenses, f/2.2 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, Laser AF, OIS
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/1.9 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC
- 4000mAh battery with fast charging
The Huawei Mate 9 Pro comes in Black, Space Gray, Moonlight Silver, Champagne Gold, Mocha Brown and Ceramic White and is priced at 4699 yuan (US$ 685 / Rs. 46390 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs 5299 yuan (US$ 772 / Rs. 52,315 approx.). It will be available in China starting from this month, but no word on the global roll out yet.