At a launch event today in China, Xiaomi debuted the Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro 12.4, as well as the MIX Fold 2, Redmi K50 Extreme Edition, Watch S1 Pro, and Buds 4 Pro. The Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro 12.4 is, as its title implies, the company’s largest tablet to date in terms of screen size, and it features a 12.4-inch display panel.
As earlier noted, the tablet has a TÜV Rheinland-certified 12.4-inch, 2.5K high-definition display with a 120Hz refresh rate. Additionally, the hidden antenna design comprises a four-sided body made entirely of metal with rounded edges. The tablet is powered by the Snapdragon 870 processor and offers up to 12GB of RAM (LPDDR5) with UFS 3.1 and up to 512GB of internal storage.
The device possesses a battery capacity of 10000mAh accompanied by 67W fast charging support. In terms of optics, the device has a 50MP main camera and a 2MP depth sensor on the back. On the front, it has a 20MP selfie camera. The device also features dual mics for far-field pickup and USB 3.2 Gen 1 supports DP HD screen projection, as well as the ability to record multi-person conference calls and convert them to text.
On the software side, the device comes preinstalled with MIUI Pad 13, based on the Android 12 operating system. The Mi Pad 5 Pro 12.4 supports external accessories such as a Smart Keyboard and a stylus for productivity usage, which needs to be bought separately. Other features include Dolby Vision, a four-speaker system powered by Dolby Atmos, HDR10, and more.
Specifications: Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro 12.4
- Size: 12.4 inches. 2.5K 120Hz display, up tp 500nits of brightness
- Resolution: 2560 x 1600 (WQHD+) 244 ppi
- HDR 10, Dolby Vision, DCI-P3 Color Gamut, MEMC, Contrast ratio 1500: 1, TÜV Rheinland certification, Sunscreen 3.0 and Ambient color temperature sensor certification
- Camera: 50MP 1/2.76″, 1.28μm fusion pixel, f/1.8, PDAF and 2MP depth
Front: 20MP Sony (IMX596) 1.6μm fusion pixel
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 870
- Storage: 6/8/12GB of RAM (LPDDR5) and 128/256/512GB of ROM (UFS 3.1)
- Battery: 10000mAh; 67W Fast charging; 100% just 68min; Type-C
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 6,5,4; Bluetooth 5.2 – AAC/LDAC /LHDC2.0/3.0
- Audio: Hi-Res Wireless Certified; Dolby Atmos
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Front and rear ambient light sensor, Color temperature sensor, Electronic compass and Hall sensor
- Operating system: MIUI Pad 13 (based on Android 12)
- External accessories: Magnetic Keyboard and Stylus
Pricing and availability
The tablet comes in three colors, such as black, silver, and Moriyama Green. The Mi Pad 5 Pro 12.4 6GB+128GB base variant costs CNY 2999 (US$ 444 / Rs. 35,380 approx.), while the 8GB+256GB variant costs CNY 3499 (US$ 518 / Rs. 41,280 approx.) and the 12GB+512GB variant costs CNY 4199 (US$ 622 / Rs. 49,535 approx.).
The Xiaomi Keyboard Type Double Sided Protective Case costs CNY 469 (US$ 69 / Rs. 5,530 approx.) and the Xiaomi Inspiration Stylus is priced at CNY 349 (US$ 51.7 / Rs. 4,115 approx.)
The pre-order has already started at the Mi store in China, while the public sale will begin on August 16th, 2022. There’s no word on the global availability of the device from the firm yet.