Even though Apple might have teased the upcoming iOS 12.1 update that will bring several new features including 70 new emojis, it has released iOS 12.0.1 update for the iPhone and iPad that brings fixes for several issues, including the weird charging bug on the iPhone XS. This bug caused the phone not charge automatically despite being plugged in.
The update also fixes a major Wi-Fi bug that could cause some iPhone XS devices to prefer to join a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network rather than a 5GHz, as well as reorientation of the “123” number key on the iPad, which was moved in the iOS 12 update and swapped with the emoji/language key. Check out the complete changelog below.
iOS 12.0.1 includes bug fixes and improvements for your iPhone or iPad. This update:
– Fixes an issue where some iPhone XS devices do not immediately charge when connected to a Lightning cable
– Resolves an issue that could cause iPhone XS devices to rejoin a Wi-Fi network at 2.4 GHz instead of 5 GHz
– Restores the original position of the “.?123” key on the iPad keyboard
– Fixes an issue where subtitles may not appear in some video apps
– Addresses an issue where Bluetooth could become unavailable