Meizu just announced Note 9, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in the Note series and the successor of last year’s Note 8 in China, as it had promised. It has a 6.2-inch FHD+ waterdrop notch display with 89.23% screen-to-body ratio, thanks to 5.35mm bottom, 3mm top and 3.1mm narrow side bezels. It is powered by Snapdragon 675 SoC with up to 6GB of RAM, and runs Android 9.0 (Pie) with Flyme 7.2 on top. It has a 48-megapixel rear camera with Samsung GM1 sensor, f/1.7 aperture, secondary 5-megapixel camera, AI features and a 20-megapixel camera on the front with face recognition 3.0.
It has G3 curved design, features back cover with glass texture that is made of high-gloss porcelain stacking process and a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor that can unlock the phone in 0.2 seconds. It has Hyper Gaming optimization and Game Mode 3.0. It packs a 4000mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging.
Meizu Note 9 specifications
- 6.2-inch (2244×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18.7:9 2.5D curved glass display, 450 nits brightness,
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 675 Mobile Platform with Adreno 612 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB / 128GB internal storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with Flyme 7.2
- Dual SIM
- 48MP rear camera with dual LED flash, Samsung GM1 sensor, f/1.7 aperture, 6P lens, 5MP secondary camera
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 5P lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 153.1×74.4×8.65mm; Weight: 169.7g
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typ)/3900mAh (min) battery with fast charging
The Meizu Note 9 comes in Black, White and Sparkling Blue colors, is priced at 1398 yuan (US$ 208 / Rs. 14,700) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version and 1598 yuan (US$ 237 / Rs. 16,800) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage or 4GB RAM with 128GB storage versions. It will be available in China starting March 11th.