We had seen the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active in live images and a press image last week. Now more press shots of the phone has surfaced, thanks to Android Police who has got hold of the Samsung employee training manual for the phone that coincides with earlier leak confirming Bixby Button. It also has MIL-STD-810G endurance rating.
The S8 Active with the model number SM-G892A got certified by the FCC, now the phone with model number SM-N950 has received FCC certification. This shows support all the usual bands, in addition it also has new band 66 and 600 MHz band for T-Mobile.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Active rumored specifications
- 5.8-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED display with 570ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 with Adreno 540 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable memory with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, 1/2.55″ sensor size, OIS, 1.4µm pixel size
- 8MP auto focus front-facing camera with f/1.7 aperture, 1/3.6″ sensor size, 1.22µm pixel size, 80-degree wide-angle lens
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor
- Water and dust resistant (IP68) + MIL-STD-810G
- Dimensions: 152.14x 74.9×9.9mm; Weight: 207g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth v 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 4000mAh battery with fast charging
The Samsung Galaxy S8 Active is expected to come in Meteor Gray and Titanium Gold and should head to AT&T in the U.S. soon.