Xiaomi just announced the Mi 5X, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone at an event in China, as it had promised. It has a 5.5-inch 1080p 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 Mobile platform, runs on Android 7.1 (Nougat) based on MIUI 8 and will get MIUI 9 update. It has 12MP dual rear cameras, one with a wide-angle lens and other with a telephoto lens offering portrait mode, background blur and more features. It has a 5-megapixel front-facing camera
It has a unibody metal design with rounded edges, has anti-fingerprint coating offering a smooth finish and is just 7.3mm thick. There is a fingerprint sensor on the back.
Xiaomi Mi 5X specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass LTPS display, 450nit brightness, 1000:1 contrast ratio
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm processor with 650MHz Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB storage (eMMC 5.0), expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- MIUI 8 based on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), upgradable to MIUI 9
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano/microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with wide-angle lens, 1.25μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, secondary 12MP camera with telephoto lens, 1.0 μm pixel size, f/2.6 aperture, PDAF
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 155.4×75.8×7.3mm; Weight: 165g
- 3.5mm audio jack, dedicated amplifier
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3080mAh (typical) / 3000mAh (minimum) battery
The Xiaomi Mi 5X comes in Black, Gold and Rose Gold colors, is priced at 1499 yuan (US$ 222 / Rs. 14284 approx.) and will go on sale in China from August 1st.