OnePlus just introduced its flagship OnePlus 5 smartphone at an online event, as it had promised. It has a 5.5-inch 1080p Optic AMOLED display with DCI-P3 color coverage and has Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform and runs on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) based Oxygen OS that brings new features including a new Reading Mode that uses gray-scale mapping, while filtering out blue light getting data from the ambient sensor promising a similar experience as a e-reader.
It has a 16-megapixel primary rear camera with wide-angle lens, large f/1.7 aperture along with a 20-megapixel secondary camera to capture depth information for depth-of-field (bokeh) effect that blurs backdrops in portrait mode and offers 2x zoom. It also has a 16-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has 6GB / 8GB RAM with 64GB / 128GB storage based on UFS 2.1, coupled with new 2-lane ROM, which doubles bandwidth promising faster performance in everything from installation speeds to loading graphic-intensive games.
It has an Anodized Aluminum unibody metal design and is just 7.25mm thick. It has the usual Alert Slider. It has a ceramic fingerprint sensor that can unlock the phone in 0.2 seconds. It has a 3300mAh battery with Dash Charge that promises a day of battery life with half an hour of charge.
OnePlus 5 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD Optic AMOLED 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass 5 display, sRGB, DCI-P3 color coverage
- 2.45GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB storage (UFS 2.1 ), 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with Oxygen OS
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 16MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, Sony IMX398 sensor, f/1.7 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, EIS, secondary 20MP camera with f/2.6 aperture, Sony IMX350 sensor, 1.0μm pixel size, 4K at 30fps, 1080p at 60 fps, 720p slow motion at 120fps
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX371 sensor, 1.0μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, 3 microphones with noise cancellation, Dirac HD Sound
- Dimensions: 154.2×74.1×7.25mm; Weight: 153g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5.0 aptX HD, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC
- 3300mAh battery with Dash Charge (5V 4A)
The OnePlus 5 comes in Slate Gray and Midnight Black colors and starts at $479 (Rs. 30,958 approx.) / 499 Euros (Rs. 35,884 approx.) for the base 6GB RAM with 64GB version and the top-end 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs $539 (Rs. 34,849 approx.) / 559 Euros (Rs. 40,199 approx.) . It is now available for pre-order on OnePlus.net in the U.S. and Europe. Early Drop shipments will begin on June 21, 6 days before general sales begin on June 27th. It will launch in India on Thursday and will go on sale on the same day at 4:30PM exclusively on Amazon.in.