ZTE’s nubia brand just announced Nubia Z17 mini, its latest smartphone in the ‘Z Series’ at an event in China, as it had promised. The main highlight of the smartphone is its dual 13-megapixel rear cameras, one with monochrome lens and the other one with RGB lens, offering crisp shots. It has ultra fast focus in 0.1 seconds and supports aperture adjustment from f/1.0 to f/16.0. It also has a 16-megapixel front-facing camera with 80-degree wide-angle lens.
It comes with a 5.2-inch 1080p 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 652 / 653 processor, has a unibody metal design and is just 7.45mm thick.
Nubia Z17 mini specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display with 1500:1 contrast ratio, 85% NTSC color gamut.
- Octa Core Snapdragon 652 / 653 processor with Adreno 510 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB RAM, 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 200GB with microSD
- Nubia UI 4.0 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano/microSD)
- 13MP (monochrome) + 13MP (RGB) dual rear cameras with Sony IMX258 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, OIS, 4K video recording
- 16MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 80-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 146.65 × 72.5 × 7.45mm; Weight: 155g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 2950mAh battery with fast charging
The Nubia Z17 mini comes in Elegant Black, Black with Gold, Champagne Gold and Red colors and is priced at 1699 yuan (US$ 246 / 16,000 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with Snapdragon 652 version, while the 6GB RAM with Snapdragon 653 version costs 1999 yuan (US$ 289 / 18830 approx.) . It is now available for order in China and goes on sale from April 13th.