Motorola has scheduled an event on February 26 at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2017 in Barcelona. The company did not introduce any new phones at the MWC last year, but it unveiled the Moto Z series at the IFA last September. Looks like we might see new “Moto G series” smartphones – Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus at the MWC this year, bit early than usual since these phones are usually unveiled in Q2 or Q3 every year.
Coming to the teaser, it shows a generic Moto smartphone image with bezels on the top and bottom of the screen. According to a render that surfaced last week in China, the phone could have a unibody metal design, first time for a Moto G series phone.
Moto G5 Plus rumored specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD display
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 processor with Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB/4GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Front-ported loudspeaker
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 3080mAh battery with Turbo charging
The Motorola announcement is scheduled for February 26th at 4:30 PM CET (9:00 PM IST).