General Mobile has announced GM 5, its latest budget 4G smartphone in the ‘Android One’ lineup in partnership with Google. It runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat), but this has almost similar specifications as the General Mobile 4G that was introduced last year that includes 5-inch HD display, Snapdragon 410 SoC, 13-megapixel rear camera with dual LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
General Mobile GM 5 specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) OnCell IPS display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- 1.2 GHz Quad-Core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916) processor with Adreno 306 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 64GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Single / Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 140.5 x 69.75 x 9.3mm; Weight: 160g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2500mAh battery
The General Mobile GM 5 comes in Black, Space Gray and Gold, will be available with Single and Dual SIM versions in November. It will be available in 20 countries through authorized sales points or carrier stores in Azerbaijan, Albania, Afghanistan, Belgium, Bosnia, Croatia, Cyprus, Georgia, Ghana, Greece, Iraq, Kenya, Luxembourg, Moldova, Netherlands, Pakistan, Serbia, Tunisia, Turkey and Uzbekistan. No details about the price yet.