After the teaser last month, LG today sent out invites for announcement of its flagship G5 smartphone on February 21st, ahead of Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2015 in Barcelona, the same day Samsung has scheduled its Galaxy Unpacked 2016, where it will introduce the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge smartphones.
According to earlier rumors, the LG G5 is said to sport a 5.3-inch Quad HD screen along with a ticker display that was seen on the V10, Snapdragon 820 SoC and a “magic slot” that could enable some functional expansion using modules.
LG G5 rumored Specifications
- 5.3-inch (2560×1440 pixels) Quad HD display, secondary ticker display
- Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Dual 16MP rear cameras,135-degree wide-angle capture, laser auto focus, dual-tone flash, 4K video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1 LE (APT-x) , GPS
- 2800mAh (removable) battery
The LG G5 announcement takes place at Sant Jordi Club, Barcelona, Spain on February 21st, Sunday and starts at 14:00 CET (6:30 PM IST).