OnePlus just announced the OnePlus X smartphone at simultaneous events worldwide. It has a 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD AMOLED display, is powered by a Quad-Core Snapdragon 801 processor with Adreno 330 GPU and runs on Oxygen OS 2.1 based on Android 5.1 (Lollipop). It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera. It has a brushed anodized metal frame and comes in Onyx version with glass back and limited edition ceramic variant.
It has hybrid SIM slot and lets you use the second SIM as a microSD slot when required. It has an alert slider, a hardware toggle to switch between No Notifications, Priority Notifications, and All Notifications, similar to the OnePlus 2.
OnePlus X specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with Adreno 330 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) based Oxygen OS 2.1
- Hybrid Dual (nano + nano) SIM (second slot can also be used as microSD slot)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, ISOCELL 32M sensor, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording,
- 8MP front-facing camera, OV8858 sensor, wide-angle lens, f/2.4 aperture
- Dimensions: 140×69×6.9mm; Weight: 138g (Onyx), 160g (Ceramic)
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, 1.2W bottom-facing speaker
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2525mAh built-in battery
The OnePlus X is priced at Rs. 16,999 for the Onyx version the and limited edition Ceramic version is priced at Rs. 22,999. OnePlus said that it will make only 10,000 units of the Ceramic version. One Plus X Onyx version will be exclusively available from Amazon.in with an invite from November 5th and the Ceramic version will be available through Ceramic-specific invite starting November 24th. Weekly open sales will begin from December, said the company. It also said that the phone will be manufactured locally in Foxconn’s Sri City facility in Andhra Pradesh.
Commenting on the launch, OnePlus CEO Pete Lau, said:
Today’s smartphone user strives to find the perfect balance of style and performance. The OnePlus X is a design-centric device – chic and powerful enough to fit any lifestyle.
Vikas Agarwal, General Manager – India, OnePlus, added:
We love a rich smartphone experience driven by value, choice and individuality. With the OnePlus X, we are proud to rediscover the art of craftsmanship and offer a balance between stylish design and flagship-grade performance. We are also pleased to announce that it will be our first locally manufactured smartphone.