Google has announced the Nexus 6P smartphone made by Huawei, successor of last year’s Motorola-made Nexus 6. It has a 5.7-inch Quad HD display at 518 PPI, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 810 v2.1 processor and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow). It has a 12.3-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, IR Laser assisted autofocus and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera. It has anodized aluminium body and is just 7.3mm thick.
It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back for secured lock and payments using Android pay. Google is calling it Nexus Imprint. It comes with 4G LTE support and has dual front-facing speakers. It has 3GB of RAM, 32GB, 64GB or 128GB storage variants without expansion slot and a 3450mAh built-in battery. It also has a reversible USB Type-C port. It has always-on Google Now feature that works even when the screen is off.
Google Nexus 6P specifications
- 5.7-inch (2560×1440 pixels) Quad HD AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 810 64-bit processor ( 4x 1.6 GHz ARM A53 + 4 x 2 GHz ARM A57 ) with Adreno 430 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB / 64GB / 128GB internal memory
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Single nano SIM
- 12.3MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1.55um pixels, IR Laser assisted autofocus, smart burst, 4K video recording, slow-motion at 240 fps
- 8MP front-facing camera, 1.4um pixels
- Dimensions: 159.4 x 77.8 x 7.3mm; Weight: 178g
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dual front-facing speakers
- 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2×2 MIMO dual-band, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3450mAh battery
The Google Nexus 6P comes in Aluminium, Graphite and Frost White colors and is priced at $499 (Rs. 32,925 approx.) for the 32GB version, $549 (Rs. 36,220 approx.) for the 64GB version and $649 (Rs. 42,820 approx.) for the 128GB version. It will be available for pre-order through the Google Store in the U.S, UK, Ireland and Japan starting from today and ships in October.