Lava has launched Pixel V2, the company’s latest smartphone in the Pixel series. The Pixel V1 was launched as an Android One smartphone, but this runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop)-based Star OS 2.0. It has a 5-inch HD display, is powered by a quad-core MediaTek MT6735 64-bit processor, has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera with LED flash, wide-angle lens, Face beauty, Pic Focus are more camera features.
It also has dual SIM support and 4G connectivity with support for TDD-LTE Band 40 (2300MHz) and FDD-LTE Band 3 (1800MHz) for India.
Lava Pixel V2 specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display with Asahi Dragontrail Glass protection, Oleophobic coating
- 1 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6735 64-bit processor with Mali-T720 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- Star OS based on Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop)
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 5P Largan lens, Blue Glass filter
- 8MP front-facing camera with LED Flash, 84-degree wide-angle lens, f/2.4 aperture, 4P lens
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio.
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2500mAh battery
The Lava Pixel V2 comes in Royal Sparkle black and Icy White colors and is priced at Rs. 10,750. It will be available from September 15th, 2015 through online retailers. It will also be available in Prism Blue color in future.
Commenting on the launch, Navin Chawla, Senior Vice President & Head Product, LAVA International said:
The smartphone segment in India is growing exponentially, driven primarily by youth. With smartphones becoming an indispensable part of their lives, camera becomes so much more important. The youth today wants to capture special moments in their life and share them instantly in their social circle. To enable them to capture those moments perfectly, we are delighted to announce the second variant in the Pixel Series with the best in class camera hardware & software features. With this device, we aim to further build a strong portfolio of smartphones in the 10k range and deliver on our mission of empowering people to do more and be more.