Samsung has launched Galaxy Tab A and Galaxy Tab E, two new tablets in India. The Galaxy Tab A has a 8-inch display with a resolution of 1024×768 pixels, is powered by 1.2GHz quad-core processor and runs on Android 5.0 (Lollipop). The Samsung Galaxy Tab E has a 9.6-inch (1280 x 800 pixels) display, is powered by 1.2GHz quad-core processor and runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat).
These have a 5-megapixel rear camera and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera. Both these have voice calling capabilities. The Samsung Galaxy Tab A has 4G LTE support, while the Galaxy Tab E comes with 3G connectivity.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A (8″) specifications
- 8-inch (1024×768 pixels) XGA 4:3 display
- 1.2 GHz quad-core 64-bit processor
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory (up to 128GB) with microSD
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- 5MP rear camera
- 2MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 137.9 x 208.4 x 7.5mm; Weight: 320 grams
- 4G LTE (with voice calling),WiFi a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS
- 4,200mAh battery
Samsung Galaxy Tab E (9.6″) specifications
- 9.6-inch (1280 x 800 pixels) WXGA TFT 16:10 display
- 1.3 GHz quad-core processor
- 1.5GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD (up to 128GB)
- Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 5MP Auto Focus rear camera
- 2MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 241.9 x 149.5 x 8.5mm; Weight: 490g
- 3G (with voice calling via hands-free),Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 5000mAh battery
The Samsung Galaxy Tab A (8.0″) comes in Smokey Titanium and White colors and is priced at Rs. 20,500. It comes with 2GB of free 4G data for Airtel customers for two months. The Samsung Galaxy Tab E (9.6″) comes in Metallic Black and Perl White colors and is priced at Rs. 16,900. It will be available exclusively on Flipkart. It comes with 2GB of 3G data per month for 2 months for postpaid Vodafone customers. Prepaid customers get additional 1GB of free data for 2 months when buying 1GB data pack.
Commenting on the launch, Asim Warsi, Vice President, Marketing, IT & Mobile at Samsung India, said:
Samsung is committed to address diverse consumer demands and personal preferences. With consumers embracing new 4G technologies and innovative products, we foresee incredible opportunities in this segment. Samsung is a leader in the Tablet category in India and we are focused on expanding our content, services packages and on increasing our retail coverage. The launch of two new tablets will carry forward our legacy of introducing smart media devices and we are confident that new Galaxy Tabs will seamlessly become a part of consumer’s daily routine.
Sandeep Sarma contributed to the report