Sony has announced Xperia A4 (SO-04G) for NTT Docomo in their 2015 Summer lineup. The Sony Xperia Z1f (SO-02F) was released as Z1 Compact and the Xperia A2 (SO-04F) was released as the Xperia Z3 Compact last year, so the Xperia A4 might launch as Xperia Z4 Compact soon. The Xperia A4 has a 4.6-inch (1280 x 720pixels) Triluminos Display, is powered by 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor and runs on Android 5.0 (Lollipop). Back has matte finish, similar to the Xperia A2.
It has the same 20.7-megapixel rear camera with Sony G lens with f/2.0 aperture, custom 1/2.3″ Sony Exmor RS image sensor, BIONZ image processing engine, 1080p video recording and a 2.2-megapixel front-facing camera, similar to the Xperia A2.
Sony Xperia A4 (SO-04G) specifications
- 4.6-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) Triluminos Display with X-Reality for Mobiles
- 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 (MSM8974AC) processor
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, Up to 128 GB expandable memory via microSD card
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- 20.7MP Primary Camera with Exmos RS sensor, HDR photos & videos, 1080p video recording.
- 2.2 MP front-facing camera with 720p video recording
- Dimensions: 128x66x9.1mm; Weight: 129g
- IPX5,8 / IP6X rating for dust and water resistance
- Xi LTE, WiFi 820.11 a/b/g/n/ac , Bluetooth 4.0 with APT-X, GPS/ GLONASS, MHL, NFC
- 2600mAh battery with STAMINA mode
The Sony Xperia A4 (SO-04G) comes in Grey, Pink, Blue and White colors. It will be available from NTT Docomo mid-June 2015. No word on pricing yet. Sony also introduced Xperia Z4 (SO-03G) and Z4 Tablet (SO-05G) for NTT Docomo.