Few months after launching a range of Tizen powered wearable devices, Samsung has just announced the Samsung Z, the company’s first smartphone powered by Tizen OS 2.2.1. It has a 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED display and is powered by a 2.3 GHz quad-core processor. It has a 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera. It also has a built-in fingerprint sensor and Heart rate sensor, similar to the Galaxy S5.
Samsung Z offers a faster startup time and immediate multi-tasking capabilities and supports 2D and 3D graphic qualities, smoother scrolling and an improved rendering performance for web browsing, says Samsung. It has a slim, angular design and has S Health 3.0, Download Booster and more features that are present in the Galaxy S5. It also has a leather-like back cover similar to the Note 3. Samsung also plans to launch Tizen Store along with the smartphone.
Samsung Z specifications
- 4.8-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD Super AMOLED display
- 2.3 GHz quad-core processor
- Tizen OS 2.2.1
- Dimensions: 138.2 x 69.8 x 8.5mm; Weight: 136 g
- 8MP Auto Focus Camera with LED Flash
- 2.1MP front-facing camera
- Heart rate sensor, Fingerprint sensor, S Health 3.0, Download Booster
- IR Remote
- 2GB RAM, 16 GB internal memory, expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- 4G LTE Cat.4 / 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n HT40, MIMO(2×2), Bluetooth v4.0 LE, GPS + GLONASS, NFC
- 2600 mAh battery with Ultra Power Saving Mode
The Samsung Z comes in Black and Gold colors and would be available in Russia in Q3 2014. Samsung would show off the smartphone at the Tizen Developer Conference in San Francisco from June 3rd