- Bose launches the Video Wave II in India – a complete entertainment system
- Sony CX430 , PJ430V with Balanced Optical SteadyShot revealed at CES
- Video : Steve Jobs Talks about his Liver Transplant
- Panasonic 2012 Smart VIERA HDTV Now Available in US
- Canon Announces New Digital Cameras from its PowerShot Lineup
LG had announced that they would be launching two new LG smart Google TVs at the International CES 2013, and they kept their word. LG was busy showcasing one of those models at their huge CES booth and with the TV was the ubiquitous smart remote that LG bundled with all of its smart TVs, so naturally, we went hands on with it, and here’s the video -
Google and LG have worked together on the remote you saw above called the LG Magic remote, the Qwerty keyboard on the back of it helps in easy input and there is voice search as well, with an inbuilt mic. LG also have skinned the Google TV UI to make it more useful, with a card-style layout which they call “Smart Home”.
And quoting directly from our earlier article on these TVs -
The new LG TVs come with a minimal bezel, so they give the borderless look. “Extremely sleek design” would be an appropriate description, and LG call it the “Cinema” design. There are two new models, as we mentioned earlier -
- GA6400 series will be available in 42-, 47-, 50-, 55- and 60-inch class screen sizes.
- GA7900 series (47- and 55-inch class screen sizes) – with CINEMA screen design.
All the above TVs come with LG’s Cinema3D FPR technology that offers flicker free 3D viewing of all the content that is displayed on screen.
Bharadwaj contributed to this report, with inputs from Shilpa and Parth.