- Intex launches COP BASIC Antivirus solution
- Vizio launches its first AMD based Windows 8 tablet at CES with a 11.6″ 1080p screen
- Samsung ATIV Q announced, runs Android and Windows simultaneously
- Epson Launches PictureMate PM245 Mini Photo Printer in India
- Canon Announces New Compact Digital Cameras in India
The Vuzix smart glass is supposedly the answer to Google’s wearable glass, by providing various kinds of functionality. At around 500$, the M100 is promising a smart glass experience, which can, in fully functional form, can work with your smartphone/tablet or alone. We had visited them at their International CES 2013 booth and we took a video of it, here it is -
Basically, the Vuzix smart glass is either an accessory for your smartphone running Android, which can connect over WiFi or Bluetooth, or it can act as a standalone device, running Android, with apps for text, video.. etc. Here is a quick run down of the specs of this device -
- OMAP 4430 at 1 GHz
- Android ICS optimised for the tiny screen
- WQVGA display
- 1 GB of RAM and 4 GB Internal storage, expandable with micro SD slot
- Gyro, Accelerometer and compass
- HD 720p camera
- Micro USB, WiFi and Bluetooth
As you can see above, it is a perfectly usable standalone device, and it supports both Android and iOS and host platforms that can work with the Vuzix smartglass M100. You can check out our other CES hands on posts here.
Bharadwaj contributed to this report, with inputs from Shilpa and Parth.