- AOC unveils India’s smallest 23″ Full HD 3D LED Razor TV for Rs. 19,999
- Fujitsu Lifebook AH552/SL Ultrabook launched in India for Rs. 61900
- Dell launches the Inspiron 2330 AIO touch in India for Rs. 45,990
- Vodafone Launches New ZooZoo Facebook App for Christmas
- Fulton Innovation to show off tablet capable of functioning as Qi charging mat
Vuzix Corporation unveiled the M100 Smart Glasses, world’s first enhanced Hands Free smartphone display and communications system at the CES 2013 last week. The company also showcased the working models of the M100 Smart Glasses, and we got a chance to check it out. It can connect to both iOS and Android devices through Bluetooth and offers hands-free calls, Text, video, email, mapping, audio, and more through the wireless personal information display system.
It runs on Android ICS OS and comes with an integrated 720p camera with video recording, image capture and a powerful 1GHz OMAP4430 processor. Other than the 4GB of flash memory, the device also has an expandable memory with a micro SD card slot. The device also comes with Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n.
The WQVGA display offers a 16-degree field of view and 2000 nits bright, providing comfortable viewing for both the indoor and outdoor use. It has a 3-degree of freedom head tracking, 3 axis Gyro3 axis Accelerometer and a 3 axis Mag/Integrated compass.
The device has volume rockers, power and a select button.
Even though this is different from the Google Project Glass, this looks like an interesting gadget. The Vuzix M100 is expected to ship in the second half of 2013. Check out the entire photo gallery below.
Srivatsan also contributed to this report, with inputs from Varun and Parth