Google Chrome for iPhone and iPad updated with Google Apps integration, data compression and more
Google has released an update for the Chrome app for iPhone and iPad to version 28.0.1500.12 that brings Google Apps integration, fullscreen browsing to iPad and option sign in to other Google apps with a single click. This would let you open Maps, YouTube, Google+, and Google Drive links in the dedicated apps app instead of browser. Google promises that more apps would be available soon.
Google has also started rolling out data compression feature that would reduce data cost, save bandwidth and load pages faster. This feature would roll out over the coming weeks. Google for Android got the compression feature back in April in v27 update.
New features in Chrome for Android v28.0
- Interoperability with other Google Apps
- Option to open links for YouTube, Maps, G+ and Drive in the app instead of the browser.
- Enhancements to voice search
- Text-to-speech for all variations of English, Spanish, German, Italian, French, Japanese, and Korean.
- Toolbar controls are always available when using voice search
- Fullscreen on iPad
- Data cost savings
- Reduce data usage and speed up page load times. View data savings in Bandwidth Management settings.
- Access to browser history
- Stability / security improvements and bug fixes
Download Chrome for iOS from the Apple iTunes Store for free.