The HTC Hero Phone has been launched in India today at a Price of Rs.31990. Whats really cool about the the Hero is the new Sense UI. Also for the first time on a Android device we have a full-featured mobile browser with Flash support so that you can watch Youtube on the go or pick that greeting card for your special one. Also you must have heard about the special anti-fingerprint coating on the display which tackles smudges and keep the screen clear.
The Hero is pretty solid in specs and looks like the most complete handset from HTC (if the battery life does not disappoint) The heart of the the phone is the 528 MHz CPU with 512 MB ROM and 288 MB RAM which runs the Android Operating System . The phone was unveiled at London in July and we have got the the handset in India pretty soon considering the delayed launches of most major brands in the country.
- 3.2-inch 320×480 HVGA display
- GPS, gravity-sensor
- 3.5mm stereo headset jack
- 5 mega-pixel autofocus camera
- expandable MicroSD memory
- dedicated Search button -search through Twitter, locate people in your contact list, find emails
- in your inbox or search in any other area in Hero.
- Audio supported formats – MP3, AAC,AMR-NB, WAV, MIDI and Windows Media Audio 9
- Video supported formats – MPEG-4, H.263, H.264 and Windows Media Video 9
Also some improvements by HTC include the 3.5 mm audio jack in place of the proprietary port , G-Sensor.Another feature worth a mention is the search feature which takes on the spotlight search of the iPhone.The Hero goes one step further with a dedicated search button. And for the first time we have got a separate pricing for Maharashtra (Rs.34,600) considering the increased VAT. There is a special offer for Airtel users in India who get free data download of 100 MB per month for six months and six customized utility based applications. The Handset is not locked or exclusive to Airtel but you get freebies for being loyal to the largest mobile operator in the country.
While we wait for our review unit to arrive . Check out these pics and video of the phone in action.