Blackberry Maker RIM , Fastest Growing Company Worldwide
Fortune Magazine has declared RIM (Research in Motion) as the No 1 Fastest Growing Company Worldwide.Some facts about Research in Motion that made it the number 1 on the charts:
- In the past decade RIM has sold 65 million BlackBerry smartphones to its 28.5 million subscribers.
- RIM has a 56% share of the $12 billion U.S. smartphone market.
- A report released earlier this year ranked the BlackBerry Curve smartphone as the bestselling consumer smartphone in the U.S. Three of the five top-selling mobile phones in the U.S. are now BlackBerry smartphones.
- RIM’s three-year average earnings-per-share growth is 84%; annualized revenue growth in that time is 77%; and its shares have a three-year annualized total return of 45%.
- The smartphone market is expected to nearly double in the next five years.