LG has announced the Optimus GK, the company’s latest Android smartphone in the Optimus series. This has a 5-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display, powered by 1.7 GHz quad-core Qualcomm APQ 8064 processor with Adreno 320 GPU and runs on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) similar to the Optimus G Pro (L-04E) that went on sale in Japan earlier this month. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED Flash and a 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera.
The phone has several unique features including Dual Recording, Virtual Reality (VR) Panorama, Smart Video, Smart Camera and more. Some of the new features that were released in the recent Optimus G Pro Value Pack upgrade would be available in the Optimus GK.
LG Optimus GK specifications
- 5-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display at 440 ppi
- 1.7 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor with Adreno 320 GPU
- Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)
- 13 MP rear camera with LED Flash
- 2.1 MP front-facing camera
- 9.9 mm thick and weighs 156 grams
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (5GHz), Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, SlimPort and NFC
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 64GB with microSD
- 3,100 mAh battery
The LG Optimus GK comes in Platinum White) and Indigo Black colors. It would be go on sale initially from Korea Telecom (KT) starting in May 2013.