HTC has announced the Desire Q, a new Android smartphone in Taiwan. It has a 4.0-inch (800 x 480 pixels) capacitive touch screen display, powered by a 1 GHz processo and runs on Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) with Sense UI on top. It has a 5 MP auto focus camera at the back with LED Flash and comes with Beats audio support. HTC unveiled the Desire P, a mid-range Android smartphone in Taiwan earlier this week. The design of the phone looks more like the Desire X, but the features are similar to the Desire U that was launched in Taiwan earlier this year.
HTC Desire Q Specifications
- 4.0-inch (800 x 480 pixels) capacitive touch screen Super LCD2 display
- 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
- Android 4.0 with HTC Sense
- 9.3 mm thick and weighs 114 grams
- 5 MP auto focus camera with LED Flash
- 512 MB RAM, 4GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- 3.5 mm audio jack
- 3G, WiFi 820.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX, GPS
- 1650 mAh battery
The HTC Desire Q comes in Black, White and Red colors. It would retail in Taiwan for 6900 New Taiwan Dollar (~US$ 230). No details whether HTC plans to release the phone in other markets worldwide.