2 Hot New Music Phones for music buffs
Music buffs across the world have two hot new models to grab, as Sony Ericsson and LG announced their latest models.
We bring you the inside information on both models as the expected Indian launch for both handsets is slated to be early 2008.
Sony Ericsson W890 Walkman Phone
Sony Ericsson launched its walkman model W880 a few months ago. It has now launched W890, its successor, with additional features. This handset is designed for entertainment and boasts features such as music, video, 3D games and high-speed web access.
We covered the handset a few weeks ago. For more pictures click here.
• W890i UMTS/HSDPA 2100, GSM/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900
• 240×320 pixels
• 262K TFT, QVGA
• 28MB user free memory
• External memory- Up to 4GB with Memory Stick Micro (M2)
• Java™ Platform 8 (JP-8)
• 3.2 megapixel camera
• Picture & video blogging
• Media browser
• Media Manager content transfer software
• Email (POP3 and IMAP4)
• Microsoft® Exchange ActiveSync
• USB 2.0
• Bluetooth 2.0 (A2DP)
• Walkman player 3.0 with SensMe
• Video telephony
• RSS feed support with web feed ticker
• Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
• Chinese input methods and lunar calendar
• FM radio with RDS
• Flight mode
LG Rhapsody in Music
In a fancy launch programme on December 17, 2007, LG announced the new LG LB3300, or the LG Rhapsody in Music.
It won’t take a genius to guess that this latest handset from LG is a music phone.
• iPod like navigation wheel for scrolling through and storing tunes
• Red trim around the handset
• Checker board effect to the keypad
• 1GB of internal memory
• 4GB Expandable memory
• Bluetooth 2.0
• Media Player
• Mobile TV (DMB standard)
The LG Rhapsody in Music phone will be released in black and white colour, with a pink version later on.
Available in Korea for about Rs 21,000, the handset will be available in other markets in early 2008.
The LG Rhapsody in Music is said to be designed to take on Sony Ericsson Walkman phones. Question is: will LG succeed?