Nokia 8800 Sapphire Arte
If you think Swarovski gems on mobile phones look ostentatious, Nokia brings you regalia and classiness in the form of the Nokia 8800 Sapphire Arte. The handset has a genuine sapphire gem stone in the center of the D-pad.
During the launch of Nokia 8800 Arte and Nokia 8800 Sapphire Arte, the Senior Vice President, Mobile Phones, Nokia, Heikki Norta had this to say: “These two new handsets set the benchmark for quality and craftsmanship. The high-end materials and seamless surfaces are pleasing to touch while the sophisticated, minimalistic design is equally satisfying to the eyes. An obsessive attention to detail means that the Nokia 8800 Arte and Nokia 8800 Sapphire Arte are engineered to last.”
The handset is a twin of the Nokia 8800 Arte with two exceptions: one, the sapphire, and two, the Nokia 8800 Sapphire Arte comes in a brown leather finish, adding a touch of elegant sophistication.
The Nokia 8800 has all the features of the Nokia 8xxx series. It has several new features that incorporate the latest in technological innovations to woo the first grade buyer.
• Tap the steel surface below the display, and lo behold! An analogue clock appears
• Silence incoming calls during a meeting by simply putting the handset “face down”
• Nokia 8800 Arte features exclusive soundtracks by Dj Kruder. Hear the demo of the captivating soundtrack on the Nokia official website
• The handset accessories include Nokia BH-803 Bluetooth headset with Active Noise Cancellation and touch sensitive volume adjustment
• To add an element of sophistication and security, each handset comes with a leather pouch with a linen-lining and a separate matching desk stand
• The handsets flaunt a 3 megapixel camera with auto focus and 8x digital zoom
• 1 GB memory, so you may never need a memory card again
• All wired connectivity using the integrated MicroUSB port
• 2.0″ QVGA 240×320 pixels, OLED display with up to 16 million colours
• 3G capability and living wallpaper
The handset will cost 1150 Euros i.e. approximately Rs 65,000, exclusive of taxes and subsidies, when it becomes available across markets in April 2008.