Airtel launches Smartdrive mobile app with real time traffic information and Voice-based Navigation
Airtel is on a spree of launching mobile apps. They launched the my airtel app to pay bills and manage services. Now, they have launched Smartdrive app that offers real-time traffic information and voice based turn by turn navigation upon subscription. Other than these the app also lets you search Maps for POI (Points of Interests) like restaurants, theaters, shopping malls etc.
Features of Smartdrive mobile app
- Real time traffic information
- Voice-based turn by turn navigation
- Search Maps for POI (Points of Interests)
- Share the app with a friend
- Trip recorder records all trips you make when using voice navigation for later reference
- Wikipedia information of the places for which information is available
- Add frequently visited locations to favorites so that you don’t have to search again and again
- Weather information about the place
Only the POI feature is of free of cost, the Live traffic costs Rs.3 per day or Rs. 49 per month. You need to pay Rs. 10 per day or Rs. 99 per month to use the navigation feature. Data browsing is free till 30th November, post that standard data charges would apply. The real-time traffic information is currently available only in Delhi & NCR, Mumbai and Bangalore and would be available in Hyderabad, Chennai and Pune by December.
Airtel’s initiative is good but the Google Maps on Android and Nokia Maps on Symbian and Windows Phone already offer such features for free.
SMS smart to 54321 on your phone to get the download link. The Airtel Smartdrive app is available for Android, Symbian, BlackBerry and Windows Phone devices and would soon be available for iPhone.