Google Translate for Android v2.5 update brings camera input, instant translation and more
Google Translate for Android has been updated to version 2.5 that brings new features such as camera input for translating text from images, instant translation that translates words as you type, dialect preference for speech input and more.
New features in Google Translate for Android v2.5
- Use camera to take a picture and brush text with your finger to translate (Android 2.3 and above).
- Get instant translation results as you type.
- Choose dialect preference for speech input.
- Japanese handwriting now recognizes multiple characters at once.
- Access network state permission to check network availability when sending requests.
Download Google Translate for Android from the Google Play Store for free.