Apple has released a new standalone Podcasts app for iPhone and iPad. Apple announced the iOS 6 earlier this month that would not have the podcast feature inside the iTunes app, instead users can download this app to subscribe to and play your favorite podcasts. You can subscribe to podcasts from the wide catalog based on your country in over 40 languages.
Features of Podcasts app for iPhone and iPad
- Audio and video podcasts in a single app
- Explore hundreds of thousands of podcasts including shows in over 40 languages
- Find new podcast series in a variety of topics, including arts, business, comedy, music, news, sports, and more.
- Browse by Audio or Video podcasts, or see what’s most popular in Top Charts
- Tap subscribe for your favorites and automatically receive new episodes for free as they become available
- Stream episodes or download to listen while offline
- Skip forward and back using simple playback controls
- Turn on Sleep Timer to automatically stop playing a podcast while listening in bed
- Share your favorite episodes with friends using Twitter, Messages and Mail
- Optionally sync your favorite episodes from iTunes on your Mac or PC
- Sync your episode playback for seamless transition between devices
Download Podcasts app for iPhone and iPad from the Apple iTunes Store for free.